On the heels of Administrative Professional’s Week celebrated April 20-26, 2014 and Mothers’ Day on May 11th, I wanted to give you some tips on how to appreciate people without giving them clutter. It is so easy for us to think about tangible gifts to give others. There are other great ways to show someone you care that will not take up space in their home or office and let them know you really thought about what they like.
1. Experience gifts: Tickets to a show or concert, a day at the spa, weekend getaway at a local hotel, dinner and a movie package, cooking class or other interest based class, the ideas are limitless.
2. Memberships: year passes to a museum, zoo, athletic games, gym, spa, amusement park, public golf course.
3. Edible gifts: gourmet chocolates, nuts, beverages etc., purchase someone a cup of coffee/tea or lunch for a week.
4. Enhancement gifts; if you know the person belongs to a club, spa or other organization contact the establishment to see what extras/add ons you can purchase. Ex: an hour with a personal trainer, an extra service at the spa, lunch at the golf shop, or show at the museum.
5. Services: a cleaning person for a day/week/month, laundry/dry cleaning delivery, personal grocery shopper, car detailing at their home, lawn service for a day/week/month, free child care.
There are so many ways to show people you appreciate them and the way you do it doesn’t have to clutter someone’s home. Thinking out of the box will let that special person in your life know you care and really thought about their interests. Happy belated Administrative Professional’s Week and a Happy Mother’s day to all you moms out there.
- Going from Flip Flops to Fuzzy Sweaters and Everything In-between - November 11, 2014
- Tackle Two Months of Holiday Prep with Ease - October 14, 2014
- September is National Preparedness Month: Are You Ready for Natural Disasters? - September 9, 2014