Join us for a Small Business/Nonprofit Meetup! Think speed dating style networking, where small business owners meet and talk with nonprofit leaders for a few minutes to connect and see if there is an opportunity to partner later on. Local nonprofits need support. Small businesses love giving back. It’s the perfect match!
We’ve invited Emily Sexton with The Flourish Market, Raleigh’s first fashion truck, to share her journey of connecting small business ideas with giving back to her local community and to communities around the world. She’s so inspiring. We know you’ll love her!
Then, we’ll give some structured time for nonprofit leaders and small businesses to meet each and begin discussing ideas. We’ll have some ideas ready for you to use and we encourage you to bring your own ideas of how your nonprofit could use support or how your small business could support others! Bring your business cards!
Think about these questions as you prepare ideas of partnering:
- What job skills could you offer as a small business owner to help a nonprofit’s clients?
- What impact could your nonprofit make with the aid of a life coach, photographer, blogger, or social media guru?
- Can your small business host an event that gives back a part of the proceeds to a local nonprofit?
- Can you include information about a nonprofit in your shipping or gift bags?
- Are there additional services your nonprofit could offer if you had the help of a professional in a specific area of work?If you need help working through ideas, please contact me, Abbi, leader of the Vend Raleigh Nonprofit Facebook Group and Director of local nonprofit Transforming Hope Ministries.
With a past career on Wall Street as a Vice President of Communications and Change Management, Em Sexton brings her ‘win them over’ know-how, delightful enthusiasm and every day wit to encourage American consumers to use their purchasing power for good. From Wall Street to the streets with no name, you can now find Em traveling in developing nations to find gorgeous new goods for her online boutique + Raleigh based fashion truck, The Flourish Market. She is a monthly contributor to The Huffington Post.
Wednesday, September 21st from 9:30am to 11am
Hope Community Church Morrisville, 1000 Perimeter Park Drive, N.C. 27560
($8 for Directory Members)
* Directory Members will receive an email with promo code.
** Tickets are nonrefundable. This is a professional Mompreneur event, please find childcare.